This person will start as a Hospitality Operative and will grow into the role of Retail Manager over the course of 1-6 months, working closely with our Owner/Manager to establish a retail inventory, vendor relationships, and the all things pertaining to the small retail dept of Wooden Mountain.
Time: Part-time. The position will grow as needed.
- Previous retail experience (outdoor retail experience a plus)
- Experience managing vendor relationships, negotiating pricing, inventory management, creating retail displays, etc
- Working independantly with high-level guidance when needed
- Familiarity with climbing shoes and fitting
- Building vendor relationships
- Securing/negotiating pricing
- Maintaining/tracking inventory
- Education and training of staff on products
- Communicate gear demos and promotions to WM member base
- Experience or ability to learn Google suite, Rock Gym Pro, MS Office, and other applications used to communicate internally with the WM Staff and Members
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to divide an abstract objective into a prioritized list of actions, then execute